Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Well...we got yelled at!

My friend, Moni, and I were at the Tamimi market waiting for prayer to be over when we noticed we were standing across the street from the Faisaliya Tower.  It was beautifully lit up and the moon was shining so big in the sky next to it!  We pulled out our cameras, took a picture, the a policeman started yelling very loudly at us NO PICTURE NO PICTURE!!!!  An Arab man walked over to the policeman and explained he had overheard us saying how beautiful it was and didn't see the harm in a picture.  The policeman said "If everyone sees how beautiful it is then they all will want to come here...and we have enough trouble".  The Arab man said the police were stupid.  I'm sure he was just doing his job.  Moni and I had quickly put our cameras away anyway (and I DID get a picture but the moon isn't in it :(  It was very sweet that we were so nobily defended however :)

Tamimi market is great!!  I bought tons of fresh fruits and vegetables!  We sauteed some squash tonight and had it with our little steaks we bought.  It tasted so heavenly!!!  Moni and I both suffer a bit with the negativity imposed on us by others ie: people complaining about being here.  Good grief, people!  We came to THEIR country so you need to adjust...and not expect them to adjust to you!  Moni is a kindred spirit and we have had the best times together!  I expect we will have many more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment