Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Orientation!

I swear I am a zombie by three in the afternoon!  From 0800 till 1700 every day we are in orientation!  I know that is good but we really need to move around a little!  It was OK today. I finally got my medical clearance so now I can apply for my igama (work permit). We were measured for our uniforms a couple of days ago and today we got them.  Now it is off to the tailors so we still don't actually have them!  Possibly Tuesday we will but for sure we need them for Saturday because that is when we finally get to see our unit!!  I am very excited about that!  I am ready to get to work!!

Over the last few days my little group has ventured out into the city.  We are getting braver and braver!  We found a store called Hyper Panda that is just like being in Wal-Mart (which everyone who knows me knows I'd rather have a sharp stick in the eye than go to Wal-Mart!)  Everyone was in there it seemed and if my friends and I became separated it was because we all look alike wearing black and our heads covered!  We had a very difficult time finding each other and we would sometimes think we were with our friends only to find we had followed the wrong person!  I wonder how the nuns do it? When we are away from the hospital we have to put on everything but a veil.  The Mutaween are about :)

Well I'm tired so headed to bed.  Just a short update tonight!

Christine xx

1 comment:

  1. This is the first chance I have had in a while to sit and read all your updates. WOW! It all sounds so great and interesting and EXCITING! How wonderful for you to be having this experience! I love you! XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete