Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where the Heck Are We?!?!?!

So how do we get home, Christine? my companions ask.  I say...take the southbound bypass and get on Thakasoukki Street.  Christine, they say, how do you know your way around Riyadh so well?  Well...I say...a few years ago I worked with a girl named Patti who was ex-army.  She said to always scan your sector.  I took that to heart.  Whenever we go anywhere I am talking with my friends but I am also looking out the window, learning street names, learning directions, finding landmarks and seeing which stores are available,   Christine, where is the UPS store.  Me: It's on King Khaled road on the way to the Kingdom Center.  I studied a map of Riyadh and found the routes to places I generally go as well as learned the street names.  I believe people have an easier time getting around if they orient themselves...and are less likely to get into trouble.  Yes sir!  Scan your sector!  Thanks Patti!!!

Christine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment