Total Pageviews

Friday, December 25, 2009

We Had Christmas!!!!!!

We had TWO Christmas trees!  We decorated our apartment even our front door!  I baked cookies ALL day yesterday!  I listened to Christmas music on the internet radio!  I even saw a CHRISTMAS MOVIE on our Arab TV! (Ok..it was "Fred Claus" but that was pretty close to a Christmas movie)  We had a Christmas luncheon at work and exchanged little gifts.  I brought the cookies in to work that morning and the staff descended upon then like a hoard of hungry locusts!  In 2 hours all but 5 cookies of NINE dozen were eaten!  Mohammed (The Muslim) ran around the unit telling everyone "Christine brought cookies!  Christine brought cookies!!"  Truth be told I think he ate most of them ;) but I am glad they were enjoyed which was the whole point!  I had also brought a cake for the luncheon.  We feasted on East Indian food (chicken Marsala and rice), Kentucky Fried Chicken (yes we have one here) , Arab bread with sauces.  My favorite was the Thai noodles!!    We all had a great time!  As I walked home from work this evening I stopped at my Irish friend, Stella's apartment and had a turkey dinner with roast vegetables and the best shortbread I have ever eaten!!  It was great to share the day with all kinds of people who have become my friends in such a very short time.  Even the Muslims wished us a Merry Christmas and the Mutawa left us alone.  It didn't feel so Christmasy but it was a beautiful day!! There was sunshine, 75 degrees, flowers blooming everywhere, exotic birds.  Different cultures came together to celebrate this great day...even those who don't believe.  I BELIEVE that these kinds of experiences will bring the world together.  I see we are more alike than different. My Christmas was great!!

Hope all of you had as amazing a Christmas Day!!

Love,

Christine xx

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful experience you are having. So glad you took the challenge. Also, thanks for the education you give in your blog. Yes, I believe our humanity is more alike than different. I wish for world peace. Enjoy, enjoy, my friend. I love you very much.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete