Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2009

HO! HO! HO!!!

Well...I am not sending Christmas cards this year.  In Saudi Arabia they do not celebrate Christmas so there are no Christmas cards in all of the Kingdom.  On the other hand....they do have Eid cards which do look suspiciously like Christmas cards with camels and gifts on the pictures.  So I purchased some Eid cards intending to send them with real stamps from Saudi Arabia.  Well...I went to the mail room to inquire about stamps.  "We stamp here" said the mailroom clerk.  "no sir, I want real stamps to put on mail I am sending to friends and family" I responded.  The clerk tells me "we have only stamp stamp with machine...no stamps".  me:" well sir where could I go to buy some stamps"   clerk: "tell the driver to go to the central post office on Olaya street"  me:  "What time do they open?" clerk "I think after four o'clock" the other clerk said "no..I think before three"  So I tell the driver to take me to the post office on Olaya street and HE says "I don't think we have a post office"...so then I tried to call the post office to find the location.........but no one answered.  Soooooo...........my dearest family....you will get Eid cards sometime in January with a stamped Saudi Arabia postage on it till I can work out this post office mushkala.......... :)

Happy Holidays!  Merry Christmas!!!!

Christine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment