Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dheera Souks

I LOVE going to Dheera!  A couple of friends and I decided to have the full Arabian experience and go shopping in Dheera at night.  There are many little shops called souks where you can buy just about anything but the favorites are jewelry and rugs!  I bought some scarves (you cannot believe how inexpensive pashmina is here!!)  I also bought some amber and jade jewelry...also inexpensive here!  Gold is less expensive here than the rest of the world but the shop keeper said to wait because the prices are not good.  We were hungry after a while and decided to try Saudi fast food.  We had chicken sherwa (sort of a wrap with chicken, vegetables and sauce) and we sat with the women along the curbs of the souks.  We tried to blend in as much as our fair skin and light hair would let us!  At least there were no Mutawa incidents this time ;)

Tomorrow I go to the bank and do a wire transfer for the first time......as with anything having to do with business here...I am certain it will be interesting!  Fortifying myself with banana pancakes from Al Quisse before I go (they put cut up real banana in them!)

Christine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment