Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2009

BANZAI!!!

I've always liked the word banzai!  It is such an enthusiastic word.  In fact it is the Japanese word to cheer or for patriotic enthusiasm.  During WWII it was the Japanese battle cry.  Literally translated it means "may you live 10,000 years".  I like that meaning!  I was telling a friend once that there are occasions when you just have to take a deep breath, close your eyes, and make the leap.  Banzai is a good word to shout at this point!!! I have discovered I cannot always just wait and be certain of an outcome before I take a risk or make a change.  I would rather yell "BANZAI" and find out what good things happen...I expect them to happen...but if they don't then a lesson is learned and I will know not to do that again :) Since no one really gets to live 10,000 years these days I have a lot of work to do to get that much living in before I go!

Found out yesterday I will have to endure a "presentation" retirement fete.  Jeez...I told them I didn't want one but my boss says I'm getting one whether or not I want it....  Well....it's good to get kudos and well wishes when embarking on a great adventure!

Three weeks till departure!

Christine x

No comments:

Post a Comment