Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Have To Hurry It Up!!

I will be leaving for more journeys soon so I need to wrap up Egypt!  I am going to try to get one of those smaller computers and blog as I go while enjoying Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, Bahrain and Jordon!  I am so excited!  I wanted to see Damascus in Syria but refused to pay the $550.00 for a visa for 12 hours in the city :(

We finished our cruise in Luxor and visited many great temples as previously described.  The Tombs of the Nobles and the Workers was fantastic!!  The tombs were very well embellished and the colors so well preserved.  I guess that is the advantage to not being exposed to the elements...no sunshine, no wind, no rain.  It was all so remarkably well preserved!  Each tomb was a treasure!  We even went into King Tuts tomb though all his stuff is in the Egyptian National Museum or traveling around the world.

On the last day in Luxor we took a hot air balloon ride over the Nile.  I was a little leary of going as I do have a fear of heights but the lift was so gentle it wasn't bad at all.  As we floated over the Nile we could see the banks dotted with many of the temples we had seen as well as the tombs.  It was stunningly gorgeous to be up there as the sun was rising.  We finally came down after a while...landed in a tree (OK it was only two feet tall but it was a tree) and then tradition dictated we do a happy dance in appreciation for the safe landing!


We then had to board our flights.  Diane and her sister went home to California and Shelly and I flew to Sharm El Sheik for our birthday celebration..climbing Moses Mountain and visiting St. Katherine's Monastery where we touched the descendant of the Burning Bush!  Will finish this weekend..I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment