Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

One More Week!!

I am so excited about my trip to Egypt!  It's a dream come true!  Everything is ready to go...the day needs to get here quickly!!!

I have made friends with a little Azerbajani man at the carpet souks.  He has been teaching me about carpet, silks and wools, weaves, dyes, design, regions where the carpet comes from.  I have to say the carpets are absolutely beautiful!  He was teaching me about pomegranate and saffron dyes as well as indigo.  The colors are fabulous and so rich looking.  A great carpet will have the design look the same on the back as on the front except for the pile.  Sometimes it is hard to decide on one they are all so beautiful!  The man's cousin sells pashmina and there are tons of beautiful scarves and shawls!  The designs and colors are so intricate and rich!  I guess you can tell I love going there!

The rainy season passed unnoticed by me.  I asked someone when it started and she said we already had it ?!?!  I just remember a couple of days when it sprinkled a little bit!  Looking forward to the long hot summer (not).....

No comments:

Post a Comment